Sunday, December 11, 2011

Meeting up with someone who you met online?

We met on the PS3 playing an online game, I convinced him to get Facebook, we talked on there as well as still played on the PS3, he went out and bought a few games just so that he could play online with me. He seems so harmless, and he makes me feel really good about myself, he tries helping me through a lot with life. I've been talking to this guy for about a year now. He has always been there for me when I needed him, we talk on the computer all the time, and he seems like the sweetest guy. He has also sent me money when I needed it. We've argued before, but then made up a few days later. I feel a really good connection with him. He sends me pictures of his pets, where he lives, and about what he's doing. He even sent me a video of him working. I really feel like he's my best friend, even though I've never met him. I live in Canada and he lives in America. I've heard from everyone that no one should trust anyone over the internet, and stuff like that... but I don't know. I feel like he wouldn't hurt me at all. We've brought up a couple times how maybe one day we could meet up in Canada. He says he would come here just so that I was more comfortable with where I was, rather than travelling there, and not knowing anyone. I'm 18, and he's 26.


Just wondering if I should trust him, and let him come here and meet with me? I'd love to meet this guy, he is just wonderful. Ideas what I should do?Meeting up with someone who you met online?
No, do not.


You are taking a risk.





I know that he seem to be nice. But just keep your relation with him at an online-friend level.


And I know how you feel, because I've been in the same situation before.





However, don't met up with him. There is always this IF.


You don't want to end up getting raped or something.


No matter how nice he seem to be, it could always been faked.


You know there are real cases of people pretending to be someone they are not in over years, just to earn the victim's trust.Meeting up with someone who you met online?
Meet where ever there are security guards or security cameras

Report Abuse



I guess meet him. But remember, they never turn out the way you imagine (or so i've heard)
Go for it. I was in a similar situation as you and now I'm perfectly happy
i only had to read the title to answer this question. dont be a friggin idiot. stop talking to him. you must have no common sense to even consider meeting him. get a clue and grow up.
The trip makes it creepy. You could really just disappear and no one would know. But I guess if you really want to, make sure you meet somewhere public and don't get in a situation where you're alone with him. Otherwise it's like meeting any other weirdo in a bar or something.
He's trying to build up trust with you so you will meet him. That's when he will rape and murder you, or kill you first then rape your dead body. Then of course he will flay your body and wear your skin at a halloween party next year.
Girl, Don't trust it! Everyone MAY SEEM nice but you'll never know! Do you not know that's how people turn up missing, raped, and dead? Don't risk your life for some 26 year old MAN you met online! Stay beautiful!





-Dajah
This sounds lovely, but you must be careful.


Ask if you can see him on web cam and speak to him on the phone, just encase!


If you think you are sure about meeting him, please be careful!


I recommend you take a friend with you and if everything seems okay, then you can tell her to go after 30 minutes or something.


Make sure you are totally comfortable with the atmosphere and trustworthy of him.


If all goes well ask to meet him again some time





Or if not then speak to him online politely and let him know that you are not sure of things.





Hope this helps, and take care!
well im even 18 loll


yea meet him he cares for you


ask your heart should you meet this guy and im sure the answer will come YES!.


yea people do say dunt trust online friends and all


but forget about what people say


you know that guy more then me and everyone here


i know you will make a right decision


meeeet himm be happyyy


remember life is too short enjoyyy:)
i developed a FB relationship with a Canadian girl last summer..We chatted so much on the internet and we became really close..she invited me to visit for Canada Day, and I did, and it was wonderful to hold her and see her face and hear her voice and touch her skin. It was a week of my life that I will always remember. She recently defriended me from her FB...bc i was being honest with her...if you want to know more message me or email i will share with you.


Meet him if you trust him...we both had a wonderful week together...i wish it didnt end.
I'm sorry, but it would be rather dangerous and foolish to meet up with him. You're only 18 and he's 26. Stay in contact with him like you are doing. But do not meet him. There are so many weirdos out there, this would be an easy way to get hurt.
First of all (don't hit me) make sure its 100% safe. Lots of weirdos online can do a very good job of making you feel great and helping you with day to day problems. You say he has Facebook - does he have lots of different pictures of himself? If he does thats a bit better, but they could still be of someone he knows rather than himself. I'm worried because your only 18 which is kind of the target age for weirdos online, so make sure hes absolutely genuine - get him on live webcam or Skype if you can. If you still really want to meet him then arrange it to be in a public place in broad daylight - not his house. This way if hes not who he says he is then your not stuck and he can't do much in public. Also bring a friend or sibling just to be on the safe side. If your absolutely 100% sure hes ok then good luck but just remember to be wary for your own safety. And also, what if you were to meet him and hes not as nice as you hoped? It could be heart-breaking. Good luck but please please please be totally aware of your safety.
Ya, i'm with a guy that i met online more than a year ago and have been with for 10 months now...we are planning to meet sometime next year. he's going to come visit me. another good thing about them visiting you is that you will be around people that you know, so in case something were to happen, you have people there. so if you want to meet him, it would be best for him to visit you where you are with people that you know. Btw, you can meet some random person in the street and you can't totally trust them either. They can do more harm to you than someone you met online. So don't listen to the people that say it isn't right...I'm gonna do it, once i do, i'll keep you updated if you'd like.
It's difficult for anyone to say what to do in this situation...because right now you're the only person (I'm guessing) of your family, and friends, that knows this guy enough to make any calls on his personality. It sounds like he really has been there for you since you've been talking for about a year, and keeping up this kind of relationship for that long is a sign of something:)





I've gone through a similar situation of meeting someone online (through a game too), getting to know them, and planning to meet, but in my case I got let down, so I just want to say be careful hun. It doesn't sound like that would be a problem for you though =)! But I'd say please be careful no matter how comfortable with, confident in, or how much you think you know this person, technology today makes it so easy to fake being someone you aren't.





Do others know about your relationship with this guy? To be safe, if you do decide to meet, take along a friend! If he's trustworthy and not (I hate to say it...) just out for something, whether it be normal or something more sinister, he won't mind at all and will completely understand your precautions. If not, you'll be all the safer.





Best of luck!
If you go to meet him, here's some things to remember:





1) Take a friend. No matter how well you think you know him, you haven't actually met him in person. Sometimes the most seemingly trustworthy guy can end up being the one who rapes you %26amp; leaves you for dead. Plus there's the more likely scenario where neither of you talk %26amp; you need a third party to mediate or you find that he's a dud %26amp; you need someone to bail you out!





2) Meet in public. Under no circumstances should you be alone with this guy. This includes later on- you should keep people around you at all times during the first meeting.





3) DON'T HAVE SEX RIGHT AWAY! Seriously, I know that the hormones are flowing, but sex right away is a mistake. No amount of internet video %26amp; talks can replace face to face time %26amp; until you have a lot of that, you don't know each other. What if it doesn't work? Then you'll mistake lust for love %26amp; draw out a relationship that you shouldn't.





4) Understand that internet is not the same as face to face. You can hide your worst faults while you are online. Any faults that you do see on the net? Multiply that times 10 %26amp; add in a few that you don't think he has. Every person tries to make themselves seem better than they are %26amp; as a result, you aren't seeing the whole picture.





5) Chemistry online doesn't necessarily translate into RL. If you find that there's no sparks IRL, don't worry. That happens a lot.





6) NO SEX RIGHT AWAY!! I'm repeating this because so many people make this mistake. I've made it, friends have made it, everyone's made it in a LDR. You get physical right away %26amp; the sex clouds your mind %26amp; doesn't actually bring you closer together- it just makes it feel like you are. Sex is not a conversation.





7) Understand that this is essentially like two strangers meeting for the first time. No matter what you think you know about him or how often you've talked, you really haven't gotten to know each other- not really.





8) Do not let him make you feel obligated because he gave you money. Lots of guys do this- they play ';Mr. Nice Guy'; %26amp; hand out money, then they act like you should put out when they say you should. Most won't blatantly tell you ';I gave you money, you used me now put out';, but they will say something along the lines of ';But you lead me on %26amp; made me do things thinking that we were more serious than this... if you loved me you'd put out';. The money will be a big factor %26amp; it will be hanging over your head. No matter what, don't let him use this as a way to use you.





9) Listen to your friends. Make sure that they spend just as much time with him as you do- they'll be the ones to spot any red flags %26amp; if they start telling you that he's not a good guy, LISTEN TO THEM.





Just take it slow. As a LDR veteran %26amp; first hand witness of several failed ones, I know what I'm talking about. For example, a friend of mine had an LDR where she jumped into bed with the guy the first time she met him IRL. Everyone was getting red flags from this guy but she was so infatuated due to the sex that she ignored it. Once the sex glow wore off, she began to realize that this guy wasn't a prince- he was a toad %26amp; broke it off.





Then she started another LDR where she took it slowly. They didn't have sex right away %26amp; tried to visit as often as possible. They built their relationship on solid ground %26amp; guess what? It's been about 10 years %26amp; she's still with him %26amp; is now married to him.
meeting people over the internet is creepy.
I'll Be Real Blunt ... Be Careful , Look Up His Records And All That ... If you could get a private investigator I'll suggest you do so . he might be a nice guy he might all that but all you know is the internet dude . you wanna know if he is real ....... Think about it tell someone even parents , family , i know you're 18 but let people know this guy he might be the best thing that happened to you so far just be careful..
  • honda finance
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment