Thursday, October 28, 2010

PS3 Online?

Ok call me prehistoric, but I need details. I want to p\go online with my ps3 to play other people . I need details on how to set that up. first off what company should i use Verizon dsl/fios, optinum online? etc. Then i would call and say i need internet access, and have them install a phone jack, then i could hook my pse to it correct?PS3 Online?
OK, firstly u need a wireless router, (I'm with netgear router is DG834G)

then when u have it u have two choises, ill start with the easiest one first, get a Ethernet cable (it comes with the router but you can buy one if u need another one for Ur computer etc.) now at the back of your router there are 4 yellow ports (4 on mine) put one side of it in there and the other side at the back of the PS3 and set it up in network settings on your PS3



but if your PS3 is too far away from your router then you might need to go wireless, firstly you should setup your routers wireless settings on the computer on the routers homepage (mine is netgear so my homepage is 192.168.0.1 on the address bar) now you don't need anything else but to go to your PS3 and setup wireless under ';network settings';, if this does not work try another 4 times it ususally takes a while, if this still does not work you might need to check your wireless settings or put mac filtering on then turn security off (you're router will still be UN-hackable so don't worry!)



have fun gaming, oh yh and one more thing you need to make your PSN before you can play online

No comments:

Post a Comment