Friday, November 19, 2010

Cable modem to router to ps3?

So I have a terayon tj715x cable modem with me. It's the modem that came with the installation of our Time Warner cable internet or the road runner thing. So I was hoping to buy a router so I could make my ps3 go online.



I saw a lot of forums that said that this modem isn't compatible to all of the routers. So my question is what router works best with this modem? And do i need to buy additional stuff to make it work? And how do I set it up?



And since my ps3 is on another room, I want to ask if it would still pick up signal from the router?



I hope you guys could help me, cause obviously I'm clueless about this.

Thanks in advance!Cable modem to router to ps3?
That modem is fine, trust me. It will work with any home router you get from Best Buy. As for the wireless aspect, range is a factor, but as long as its not the complete opposite end of the house, you should be fine.Cable modem to router to ps3?
The signal strength from another room may be low depending on just how far away the PS3 is but it should still work. I had mine in another room for a while and it connected just fine through the router. Also, do you need a router? I remember having to have one through comcast but when I switched to Quest, the modem that I got from them kinda acts like a router as well and I didn't need an extra router. Is your modem the same or is it just a plain modem? You should be able to go to time warner cables website and they will list routers that are compatible with their modems. It is true that some may not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment