Friday, November 19, 2010

My internet speed is so slow. help?

I'm with at%26amp;t bellsouth fast access dsl. 2 weeks ago I told them i wanted to upgrade to 3.0 from 1.5... i call today and they say i have 1.5 still......



so the guy told me to go to speakeasy.net for my internet speed. results:191kbps. he said I suppose to get 900-1000kbps. then he says he will send someone out here in 2 days.



so how can i get my speed up??? I lag alot on my ps3 online too. When I download files that are 160mb it usually takes 30 mins.My internet speed is so slow. help?
There's 8 bits in a byte, so here's some conversions.



To convert to kilobits:

1.5 megabits = 1536 kilobits



To convert to kilobytes:

1536 kilobits / 8bits (to get kilobytes) = 192 kilobytes



So that means you are going to get 192 kilobytes per second for a max speed on your connection if your connection is 1.5 megabits.





The person you spoke with was speaking kilobits and you were speaking kilobytes. He was wrong to tell you you should get 900-1000 kiloBYTES. I'm not sure where they got that from, that's why sales people suck.



You can always type a search like ';3 megabits to kilobytes per second'; in google and it will convert it for you if you want to check that max speed out for 3 megabits.My internet speed is so slow. help?
wait until the guy shows up



i know how difficult it will be to play online with terrible lag but probably best to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment