Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I make the signal strength stronger on my router?

I'm trying to go online with my PS3 but the signal is too low, I'm using a wireless g router. (Ativa) it says 400 feet range but my PS3 is only 30 feet away and the signal is still very weak, what's up with that?How do I make the signal strength stronger on my router?
You should be able(?) to change the channel your router brodcasts. Try channel 11 or 9. here is the link to the

User Guide. Read about QUIET channels.

http://www.ativasupport.com/images/pdf.g鈥?/a>

Read about changing channels, etc. The guide says 100-200 feet. Lucky if you can get 150.

Good LuckHow do I make the signal strength stronger on my router?
buy a better router or move closer
Reposition the router, or get an antenna that's moveable
Perhaps the router and PSP wireless card are on different frequencies?
Make sure there isn't anything in the way between your router and your PS3. Walls and other objects can lower the signal. I don't know where you got 400 feet from, but most routers are about 30 feet like you said. Or you can buy an antenna booster. Just look for Wireless antennas.

No comments:

Post a Comment