Friday, November 19, 2010

Can't get into my router's configuration page...any help?

I can't connect into my router's page where you type in all of your stuff for it.





Recently I was playing my PS3 online and it was lagging alot so I shut my PS3 off, got a pin and reset my router for 30 seconds. It still didn't work so I did it again but for longer this time and when I tried to connect, it said the SISD was now ';default'; and that there was no password for it.

I had a name for it and a password. I realized that I had re-configured my router completely.



Pay attention to this carefully:



I typed in 192.168.0.1 being how my router is a DL-524 and it's router address is that...anyway I typed that in to Internet Explorer(IE) and it worked...but not for long...As i was typing in information as I had in it before, it was refreshing and kicked me out. It then said ';Page not found';. I couldn't find anything to fix it and get back into the router. I kept on trying to ping in 192.168.0.1 to IE address but it wouldn't do anything. If you know what has happened to my router and stuff, please let me know. I would be grateful and I am dying to get back on PSN to play COD:Modern Warfare 2.





PS: I am running off of a wall to computer connection with no wireless internet which means no PSN. and I've trying going wall to PS3 but that doesn't work. So...I was wondering since i have this cross-over ethernet cable that maybe if I hooked that up to my ps3 and into my computer while my computer was wall to computer, then just maybe I could do that complicated bridge network thing. If anyone has got any ideas, please let me know.



THank you.Can't get into my router's configuration page...any help?
Do the reset thing if you have tried to configure the router. The Crossover Ethernet cable is for connecting two computers directly to one another, not to a router.



If the router kicks you out after a period of time every time, type cmd in the run box. This opens a command line, On it type ipconfig. You should have an IP address of 192.168.0.x where x is probably one hundred something. You can force the computer to get a new IP address with the command ipconfig /renew. If the ethernet is connected but not connecting to your router, you might have an IP address that begins 169.something. This basically means your network connection is busted. There is a chance that the router itself is bad. Try connecting the ethernet cable to another port. Sometimes those go bad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment