Sunday, November 21, 2010

PS3 questions?

Hey, I don't have a PS3 yet, but I have a few questions.



Ok, I am going to get the 80 GB one, so does it come with an ethernet cable and if it does, how long is it?



What comes in the ps3 box? (name all the items for the 80 GB and explain what each does)



Ok, my modem is an ATT Yahoo DSL High Speed Internet (not dial up) and the ethernet cable for my internet is plugged in. So do I have to remove the plug and put the other ethernet cable in when I want to go online with the ps3? If not, what do I have to do to go online like to vs other people and to go on to the playstation network.



Also, will the 80 GB package that comes along with motorstorm be available by June 9th (the day I am getting the PS3)? And if it doesn't, am I really missing out on much?



-ThanksPS3 questions?
What comes with the 80GB PS3:



Motorstorm

Power Cord

Composite Cable

Ethernet Cable

1 Sixaxis Wireless Controller

USB Cable (used for recharging the controller)

80GB PS3 console



I can't find the Ethernet Cable that came with my PS3 right now, but I know that the cable is no longer than 6 feet long, it's not too long.



The USB cable that comes with the PS3 is about 4 feet long.



I'm not sure if Sony will continue to have Motorstorm packaged with the 80GB PS3 permanantly or not. I think that Sony will continue to sell Motorstorm with the console because both the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 come with free games or accessories, so Sony will most likely keep Motorstorm as a free game for the 80GB PS3 to be competitive.



To go online with the PS3 all you need is Broadband or DSL Internet. If you have just one Ethernet Jack to plug in the Ethernet cord, you will have to unplug it and plug the PS3's Ethernet cord into that same Ethernet Jack.



And if you have just one Ethernet Jack, and you want to make 2 Ethernet Jacks, you can buy a Ethernet Splitter.



Also, if you can get a Wireless Router, you can connect the 80GB PS3 Wirelessly and it's pretty easy to set up.PS3 questions?
Yes, the Ethernet cable is maybe 5-7 feet long (don't know how long exactly).



It comes with a controller, a mini usb wire to charge the controller, a power cord for the console, and a composite video/audio output cable for regular definition TVs.



You can keep switching out the ethernet cables, but it would probably be easier to buy a router that will split the signal. It's much more convenient. You can go with a wireless one, but if it's close enough you might as well get a wired connection for increased reliability.



I doubt Motorstorm will be packaged with the console when June comes around. It's called the ';limited edition'; so it will eventually phase out, or they'll put in a different game (probably something higher profile, like Metal Gear Solid). However, Motorstorm will probably have dropped in price by then, so you'll be able to get it for $20-$30 if you want it. Check the demo out on the PS Store (when you get your PS3) to see if you like it. I personally opted for Dirt, but they're both fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment