Friday, November 19, 2010

Is the ps3 open to viruses?

when u go online with a ps3 you have a web browser. Can you get viruses or spyware. if so how do you protect yourself. thanksIs the ps3 open to viruses?
I phoned PlayStation and asked this you can get a virus but it is unlikely as a virus that can attack your PC would be harmless to the PS3 if you keep up to date with your software downloads you should be fineIs the ps3 open to viruses?
Give it some Tixylix once a week and get it's flu jab done and you should be ok geeza
I think it isn't a problem - yet. But there are already viruses being written for cell phones and blackberries. I imagine PS3's are next. Then again, you should only be downloading content from Sony, which should be virus free.
I dont think it is a problem now, but it might be in the future
Yes the PS3 is very vulnerable to viruses, mainly because it is practically an OS on the net, so anything with a connection can potentially catch a virus or any other form of malware.



Right now I don't think there is much you can do to protect it. I am sure Sony will address this issue soon, but for now I don't think there are any viruses out there for the PS3 or 360, but they are open to it, just give it time, someone will write a virus for it
I have a Wii which also has web browsing and there are very few or no viruses written for it, so the PS3 is probably the same way, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you hear about others getting viruses I wouldn't wait to get some protection.
my psp got a virus its very sick and down at the doctors results due soon i might have to have it put down

No comments:

Post a Comment