Sunday, November 21, 2010

Specific directions on how to connect my ethernet cable to my Ps3.?

Now I don't know how long I've been trying to figure this out but I'm starting to go a little mad now. I searched Google, I don't know how many times on how to connect the cable to my Ps3 and all of them say ,';It's simple! Just plug the ethernet cable in the back of your Ps3 and then to your modem.'; Like hell it's not.



Is it that easy? Really? Just plug the ethernet cable to my Ps3 and then to my modem? I tried it and it didn't work. I have broadband connection so I don't know if that makes a difference. I just want to go online with my Ps3 without getting wireless because my mom refuses to pay money for that.



I need specific directions. Like what what type of modem or internet connection or whatever. Because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.Specific directions on how to connect my ethernet cable to my Ps3.?
First of all you need to make sure that your modem works with an ethernet cable and not USB.

Then after take the ethernet cable and plug it in to the back of your ps3, you should plug it into the port that is circled in red on this image

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8364/鈥?/a>



Then under the network tab on the ps3 XMB you should be able to set an account up from there.



However if you need to enter a username and password on your pc to connect to the internet, i dont know how you would go about it, sorrySpecific directions on how to connect my ethernet cable to my Ps3.?
Do you have a router? if so that should solve your problem if you don't that would be a pain to disconnect and reconnect. Your modem provides an IP address for each device that you connect directly so it needs to be reset every-time you disconnect which can be a pain.



Get router they're cheap now.



hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment