Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Do i need to unblock ports on my laptop?

Right this is a real dilemma for me and since i don't really know anything about opening and blocking ports on a laptop, im going to need a bit of help.



Basically im trying to get my PS3 online and im having to use a crossover cable to hook my USB web stick from my laptop, straight to my PS3. It works great and i can get onto the internet through my PS3 but when i go to sign in on the PS3 network it says that the connection with the server has timed out and i have been told that certain ports have been blocked.



Is this the case? And if so how do i unblock the ports?Do i need to unblock ports on my laptop?
its not your laptop its your router



to connect to your router settings



http://192.168.1.1/

put that into your address bar



the ports that need to be open



TCP:



* 80

* 443

* 5223



UDP:



* 3478

* 3479

* 3658 should also be opened for voice chat.





if you need further help on settings this up send me a message







::edit additional help



http://forums.n4g.com/m19726.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment