Sunday, November 21, 2010

Does browsing on the ps3 web browser use the same amount of bandwidth as a laptop?

I just recently got my own internet connection as a bundle from bell with home phone. But it only has 2gb bandwidth usage im considering an upgrade after the man who installed it told me how little 2gb was. I have a laptop but my sister is going to be on it cause she is going to get sims 3 for christmas. So since ps3 has a web browser and lots of other features i figure it can be my new laptop but as long as i dont go on psn for online gaming will ps3 browser consume the same bandwidth as a normal browser?Does browsing on the ps3 web browser use the same amount of bandwidth as a laptop?
in most cases the bandwidth on the ps3 browser is less, because it doesnt support many of the features of pc browsers and will not load all the features for that reason e.g. gmail wont open the chat box on the left. but a ps3 connected to the internet uses some bandwidth even when u r not using the browser to use the tickers and the whats new menu, so watch out for that

No comments:

Post a Comment