Friday, November 19, 2010

Why do I get so angry while playing multiplayer video games?

I play ps3 online mainly call of duty moder warfare 2 or killzone 2. I love playing, its something i look forward to doing almost every day for a couple hours.I take it pretty seriously because I like doing good and having fun (when i do have fun...) Almost every time I play I get so rediculously mad that i yell, curse, hit things and have broken a few controllers already cause its the first thing in my hand...I know most of your answers may be just quit, if it gets you mad, dont do it. I dont want to stop because its one of my hobbies and i love doing it, I just want to find a way to enjoy it more, use it as my getaway and my time to have a drink and relax, I get so high strung that i end up switching off my system and in a bad mood for a while. I know its just a game, and these skills i have playing these games really mean nothing, but its still something i enjoy like the rest of the millions of people who play these games. I have not been playing for 2 weeks now which is a long time considering it was a daily thing. Im affraid as soon as i sit down to play ill start getting mad again, thats why im taking some time to realize that i need to chill out and kind of realign and get back into it with a changed attitude like i use to have. Im gonna get killed, ill win some lose some, thats just how it goes and I just need to realize this and not get so pissed off when i get shot in the face by a camper aiming his sights in a doorway, it happends, more than id like, but it still happends. Please do not criticize, Im just looking for some advice or someone to relate to on this subject. thanks for reading!Why do I get so angry while playing multiplayer video games?
your like my friend, but he shouts when we on party chat on the 360. Anyway to deal with it would just be try to play with a group of friends so you ain't focused on if you die you'll be pissed off.



I'm guessing most of the time its modern warfare 2 cuz lol i notice lots of people get mad at the game in multiplayer, anyway its most likely your to focus on getting a killstreak or if you die your like wtf i was so close. You might end up being a pissed at the guy who killed you and trying to kill him and you get killed by another guy.

Or you can just camp a corner where you know a bunch of people are going to come with a shotgun and grenade launcher.



If none of that helps, i suggest just go play groundwar and go with danger close+rpg+scavenger+grenade launcher+sentex grenade+smoke Then go on a rampage with it your bound to get a bunch of multikills and it should make you feel better especially on wasteland when people go in the bunker all you have to do is shoot a corner anywhere near someone and there dead even if they camping the entrace just shoot the side and it should get them.Why do I get so angry while playing multiplayer video games?
because your human, everyone would prefer to win rather then lose, everyone playing online games would prefer to kill then die, and being human we get mad at losing and dying in games. my suggestion is to do better by practicing and even checking out some tips that i have on my modern warfare 2 site, it works really well and helped a lot of people. try for modern warfare setting lower killstreaks, getting 5 care packages a match will make you feel more successful then setting high killstreaks and getting 1 harrier.
Take A Chill Pill
try playing some single player games 4 a while. or if it gets 2 out of hand, maybe go 2 a therapist.



maybe u should try some other hobbies, like origami, snowboarding, or guitar.
I used to be like this. I pretty much just told my self i'm not actually as good as i thought i was, and realized that most of the good people on here play this game 24/7 (not literally but you get the idea.) after that it didn't make me as mad any more when i got noob tubed or shot in the face with a sniper from point blank range. Just go at the game with a 'lolwut' attitude, and maybe it won't be so aggravating.
Well, you could always change your mentality. Think of it as just another thing to do, rather than something for you to do well at. I'm not saying to suck, just don't try.
I think it's common to get frustrated with something when you're trying so hard to succeed. Maybe you should play more solo games rather than multiplayer. I think your frustrations come from people who are not as skilled as you (who are on your team and not doing well), or people who are more skilled as you (who are always headshotting you the second you respawn, lol).



So maybe if you think of it as a learning experience to improve your skills, or a chance to help someone else out in the game, you'll have more positive feelings about it. Or maybe if you have some friends you can play with. I am a pretty decent gamer, but when I'm playing with others, I tend to feel inadequate because they are always better than me, so I play with my sister, my best friend, people who I know don't care if I throw a pipe bomb while they're standing nearby (I do that every time we play L4D2 -- I just miscalculate the distance, lol). It's become pretty funny at this point.



Basically, figure out which part of it is getting you mad and tackle that. If it's people who suck, help them get better. If it's you that sucks, practice more. And remember, it IS just a game, even if it makes you want to throw your console through your TV. :)
This wont really help with you getting your anger under control, but you can get a bit better at the games themselves. Next time your playing a game and you get taken out by campers, try to note their location and flank around them with your team to take them out easier.



If you really want to let go of that anger, try listening to calming music while your playing. My brother destroyed one of my paddles while playing Metal Gear Online because he kept getting angry at people who would put claymores at entrances to doorways and shoot him while he was down. I did notice however that whenever he has his headphones in he is a lot calmer than without them.



Hope this helps
Everyone does it. I've broken 2 controllers, a tv, coffee table, snapped the disc and put holes in the wall. (Soul Caliber 4) Best advice is learn how to patch drywall, and don't let it piss you off the second you leave the game. That's when you have a problem. Maybe try to limit drinking during the play session, because that seriously can escalate the anger.
  • mobile
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment