Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I connect my PS3 to my laptop?

My laptop is connected to the internet via Alltel aircard. My PS3 is connected to my laptop via ethernet cable.

Whenever I try to get online with my PS3 it says ';A connection to the network could not be established. Go to [Settings] %26gt; [Network Settings] and check your settings. (80130182)';

What do I need to do? If I go to the ';Network and Sharing Center'; it doesn't even show that the PS3 is connected to the laptop.

FYI: I have 32-Bit Vista Home Premium.How do I connect my PS3 to my laptop?
You connect PS3 to internet via 2 ways.



Wired way. You plug an ethernet cable into back of your PS3, and the other end into your WIRELESS ROUTER. You dont plug it into your laptop or any other device, it has to be plugged into the router itself, or if you dont have on it needs to be plugged into your internet modem's ethernet port.



Wireless way. In PS3 go to system settings %26gt; scroll down to wireless network settings and that guides you through the process of connecting your PS3 to your wireless router. PS3 has built in w-fi so you dont need anything else, just follow the on screen instructions on how to get online.How do I connect my PS3 to my laptop?
you need to either 'bridge' your ethernet adaptor to the aircard adaptor in Vistas network settings or enable internet connection sharing (but i dont know if that works without windows ie: a ps3)

No comments:

Post a Comment