Friday, November 19, 2010

Help with setting up ps3 to be online?

downstairs i have an adsl modem on my pc which is used for my talk talk broadband. my ps3 is upstairs in my room how do i set it up so my ps3 can be online using my broadband connection? do i just get a router and connect it to my pc and modem and then my ps3 will read it?



also i dont want to use a method of having wire going all the way upstairs



please help if you can



thanks





Help with setting up ps3 to be online?
Get a wireless 802.11G or N router. Connect your DSL modem to the router. Since your computer is near your modem, you can connect the computer to the router with the same 10/100 ethernet cable you're using now, and you set that up like you've set it up now. The ps3 has a wireless receiver, so it will be able to pick up the wireless signal from the router. Just go to settings, connections, select wireless, select easy set up. The PS3 will scan and display a set of connections in the area. Select the connection you set up, enter the password, and you're ready to get online with the PS3, with no wires! The whole process can be done in less than 10 mins. Hope that helps. Help with setting up ps3 to be online?
Use wifi.

I cant remember what its under exactly but it might be under 'settings'. Go to 'settings', 'network settings' and click on somthing like 'scan for signals'. Thats how you do it wirelessly. Thats what i did and its soooo much easier then using an ethernet cable. If its not under settings just kinda flip around in there and youll find it. The ps3 has a built in wifi.



Add me if you want: SuzieQQ
im not sure if this will help you but when i hooked up my ps3 to the internet, i connected to my dads router upstairs and i had to enter a WEP code to access the router and now i always have connection
you need a wireless router (adsl one) which will cost like 拢40. and why are you with talk talk? they are worst braodband ever
buy a wifi router and this should be all you need as ps3 has built in wifi.
  • phone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment