Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I start talking to girls in general?

I am 14 yrs old and normally very shy, and I have a hard enough time talking to new friends whom are guys, mainly because of my different interests. I'm not much of a sports fan, except for hockey, I play guitar, I like classic rock, such as Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Boston, etc.. And I bought a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360, so I only know like 3 other friends who have a PS3, so online play with most of my friends is out. But to sum it all up, I go to Catholic school, so most of my friends live far away, as opposed to public school, where everyone lives close together. And my parents are extremely overprotective. I don't know where to start because if I am this shy in general, I don't know how I'll ever be able to talk to a girl I like, or girls in general. I have been becoming more social however. But where do I start? Thanks for all the help.How do I start talking to girls in general?
You start by saying hi to a girl you like but not like the best.

hen you ork on your social skills from there.

Once you have mastered your own personal way to talk to girls you then talk to the girl you really like a lot.

By dooing this your first time talking to a girl will probably be dreadfull. if it dosent work out you have learned something about girls.

And when you feel you are ready ask a girl you like the most so dating her will be simple.

Dont screw it up.How do I start talking to girls in general?
just try to get to know people.

if you talk to each other, i'm sure you'll find some interests you share.
bummer!!!but just start to talk like ask for a pencil or do something=]
Don't talk about what you like. Ask about what they like. People like to talk about themselves. If you hear a girl talking about a show that you've seen, offer your opinion. If they turn to you and let you in the conversation, ask them what they thought.



Chivalry is not dead. Don't go out of your way to open doors, but do help people pick up what they've dropped.
just be yourself girls mainly like to talk about themselves so you should start by asking them how they are and then ask them what kind of music they listen to and if they like something you are into then you guys can have something to talk about. I hope i helped you out!!!!
All I can say is say hi to a girl, and if you feel like trying something large try even saying hi to the girl you like.

Ask questions about her, and share your interests.

And if you don't want to talk much tell her you just want to listen.



Honestly, just talk and be yourself. the more you talk to her, the less weird it will seem.
I am the same way (except I wish I went to Catholic School) lol it sucks but I find I am more comfortable talking with guys my friends don't know, then I don't feel like I will get made fun of for who I like. I am a girl so it isn't quite the same... But hey you could try...
girls luv guys who play guitar. girls like to talk about themselves, so once a conversation is started all you have to do is listen- not so bad. to start a conversation, ask a question. like ';do you know what time such and such starts?';
It's okay to be nervous but just relax and like old times say hi and then began talking of anything, school, friends, the world you name it
Just talk to everyone in general and you will gradually start to get more comfortable. Nothing happens overnight. Next time you are in a line waiting for food or in a store. You can make a quick comment about the store or restaurant to another person waiting in line. Eventually you will get to the point where you feel comfortable striking up small conversations with strangers, classmates, etc.
most of my friends (and also me) think guys who are into classic rock, think that they are suuper hot, so use that as a motive. If your catholic school has uniforms, do something silly with it, and get noticed. walk around plugged into an ipod, and give yourself a tough-guy rep. you wont even have to say anything before the ladies noticing you. consider yourself too good for them, but be gentle with it. in a month or two, you will probly have a good gf.
Just remember , girls are humans too. Dont act like they arent , ever . Also try to find things you have in common with them. Bring it up when you talk to them. Just act as if they are guys in miniskirts and talk. Even if you are shy , there must be things you like to talk about. It might be easier if you start by just having friends that are girls. talk to them and youll become easier around them.
Coment girls, it makes us feal special. Like this, ';oh hi tracy, I like your hair, it looks really nice today.'; and then smile and slowly walk away. Not this ';Hi Tracy, I like your hair and how it curls and stuff, bye, oh maybe i will possibly see you later';. Just an example.



Just little compliments like that make our day.





don't give girls notes like that because personally is better.



if you decide that you really like a girl, don't have your friend ask her for you, cause that just shows that you don't like them enough. And you can't just randomlly ask a girl, you have to know her a while and talk a bit.Then ask her when her friends aren't around.
A good way to go is to see if you have something in common. Say if you are doing a group project in class and a girl is wearing a guitar pic necklace. Ask her if she plays. Then you can start talking about music and stuff. It can be pretty scary but after awhile it gets easier.
just treat them like m8s, but less filthy jokes( not none of course). golden rule- a bit of respect combined wit humour.

1. best to start talking when ure mates are with you and know the girls.(works best wit camp/gay friends as they know more girls better) group conversation lets you in effect 'test out' your sociality without having to keep it up all the time.

2. sit by their conversation, and wait to make a joke. Remember, 1 occasional well timed joke is better than a million rubish jokes. but don't try to assert or draw attention to yourself too early, play at being a quiet, funny and weird kinda person. If sum1 suddenly draws attention to you, just say something like ';umm whys everyone looking at me ? Am i sexy now? etc';

3. now try out bigger things like- omg guess what *friend u kow in conversation* did yesterday? or- any1 see that on tv last nite?

4. once you feel confident enough, just talk a little more. and a little more. Challenge- flick through the dictionairy and try to slip the first word u read into a conversation. eventually u'll pick up your own way. I can only tell you how to flap your wings, you must teach ureself to fly.where the hell did that metaphor come from......?



anyways, this worked for me. I'm no cassanova, but i've become a lot more confident.
woah. llike looking in a mirror... well wiht slight differences. i am 17 yr old girl, shy, play guitar, loves classic rock, not sports fan except volleyball, and i go to catholic school, and most of my friends live far away too. crazy weird. well. i always to ld my best guy friend if he really wanted to talk to a girl who wasnt in his classes that he should bump into her in the hall, knock all the books out of her hands, then appoligize and help pick them up and start a conversation. cause i mean it would be a little awkward if you just went up to some girl wiht all her friends ( because we travel in packs mostly) and just start talking. unfortunatly my friend never tried the technique( because i later found out he was not interested in girls, which didnt surprise me), so i cant tell you how it turned out, but event hough it seems corny or stupid, it would be worth a shot. the way i started talking to the guy i liked was through other people. i dont meani had them tell him something. i mean like i had a friend who was a frined of his and i was talking to him and then the other guy came over and yeah we had a lot in common, so we just like talked about music and randomo stuff. hope this girl is worth all your trouble. oh and btw dont fear regection. if you get regected she will either feel super sorry that she had to hurt you and flattered that you like her, or she is soooo not worth it. and girls like a guy who is confident so just talk to her, ask her out, but take it slow. hope i helped in my very overly long answer lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment