Sunday, November 21, 2010

Going Wireless with the PS3 questions?

Hey, I am very keen to go online with the PS3 but since my internet is downstairs and my PS3 is upstairs I cannot do it wired. So I am going to set up a wireless connection. Here are some question I would like to ask.



1) I have an Acer laptop, a modem and on a wired connection at the moment. Will I only need a wireless router and the wires that come with it in order to set up a wireless connection?



2) Can I buy any router or is there a specific router that I need in order for the laptop or PS3 to read it? If so can you recommend any specific one's that the laptop and PS3 could read?



3) Since my internet is downstairs and my PS3 is upstairs would the connection be any good or would it be very weak?



4) Is it simple to set up a wireless connection, can anyone provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up a wireless connection?



Thank-you to anyone who answers this!







Going Wireless with the PS3 questions?
1. Yes

2. Any router will work but i recommend netgear



http://www.netgear.com/Products/Routersa鈥?/a>



3. Yes if you get the one i recommended



4. There is a step by step in the router setup instructions.Going Wireless with the PS3 questions?
1. yeah all you need is the wirless router



2. I believe it doesn't matter what brand. I am using wirless connection and my router is linksys wirless-g. works great



3. for this question, your signal might be weak, but it shouldn't affect how well your ps3 does on the internet. My ps3 is right next to my computer and internet stuff, but I don't have a ethernet cable. Now, my signal is 100% but sometimes I move my Ps3 to my living room where I have a bigger tv so I can watch movies or... when I have friends over. so don't worry to much about distance. Maybe worry about devices that will interfere with the signal. cell phone or somthin



4. as long as you don't do a custom set up, the wirless setup is pretty easy. I am not a tech genius, but I was able to set up the connection by my self. Plus the ps3 website can provide you with instructions. If you don't know how to get their just go to sony.com and go to playstion overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment