Sunday, November 21, 2010

How Can I connect my ps3 to a cable modem?

Hi i recently had verizon high speed internet and yeah it was good until i decided to go for more speed and switched to cable internet.. When i had verizon i used to connect to the internet on my ps3 without a problem and i never had lag or anything like that but now tat i have a new internet in my house i am having a hard time.. every time i put it it recognizes the IP but it always says problem with DNS error but the weird thing is that when i put it to my computer it works fine.. i have a router as well but it does not have a hole to put the cable in so i don't no what to do can anyone help its been like a week since i have been online on my ps3 if u no how to connect a router using cable internet that will be great even do my router is from another companyHow Can I connect my ps3 to a cable modem?
Your router should connect to the modem using the Ethernet Cable. There should be one connections specified for the Modem-Router Ethernet Cable. Most routers have 4 ports. Which you would connect to the computers. You may have to reset the modem, the router, and even the computers by shutting the computers down and unplugging the modem and router for about 20 -30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment